The Baby Banana Brush



If you look at the shape of this silicone toothbrush you will notice that the child can't poke themselves, like you can with regular toothbrushes. The shape of the banana is perfect for their little hands.


Great to teeth on while keeping their budding teeth clean!


There are banana's and corn cobs, how cute is that?


The Baby Banana Brush Story:
A few years ago, my two-year-old grandson tripped and fell on his toothbrush as he was trying to brush his teeth. The traditional hard plastic toothbrush punctured the roof of his mouth and came within centimeters of entering his brain. As a mother of 8, I knew that this all-to-common occurrence of babies falling on hard toothbrushes should be preventable, but how? As these questions were on my mind, I discussed them with my daughter-in-law, who is a dental hygienist and with her insight the idea for a flexible infant toothbrush was born.

She taught me about the safety specifications we would need, such as a slight "C" shape to our brush. We brainstormed about ideas of fun things that might fit that "C" shape and came up with the Banana! I had some experience from previous products my company was developing with plastics and other materials. I consulted with several engineers and determined that 100% medical grade silicone would be the best material to serve our "flexible" needs.Next, I went to Taiwan - the silicone capital of the world - in 2004. There I met with the company that would eventually become our manufacturer. We had our toothbrush FDA registered, patented and tested with private labs. We knew we had created something unique - a flexible toothbrush and teether in one - which did not exist in the market at that time.

We launched our product at the American Academy of Pediatric Dentists Convention in Washington, D.C. May 2008. There was lots of excitement for the product at this convention, and we began selling our toothbrush in pediatric dental offices and baby boutique stores.

I can't wait to review this item! Watch for it soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Punch Recipe

Rockin Green Guru Detergent Review and Giveaway

Now Gluten Free Product Review