Adult Coloring Books



I always thought that I was alone in the whole "I still love to color" world. I am totally wrong. In 2013 coloring books topped bestselling charts. They sold more than 1.5 million copies in over 22 languages. 5 of the top 30 titles on the bestseller list were coloring books for adults. For my 18th birthday, my aunt sent me a coloring book and a Crayola caddy filled with crayons. I was ecstatic! I love a new box of Crayola crayons or a brand new package of colored pencils. Don't get me wrong, I can't draw anything, but love to sit down and just color. Looking at the page with just a simple drawing and imagining what it would look like when I get done with it. All the different colors to choose from.

Skyhorse Publishing's first 4 adult coloring books sold out of 4 printings. Unlike most coloring books, Skyhorse's books have 16 pages of full color inspirational pages.



Each of the coloring pages are perforated. This allowing budding artists to photocopy and gift or display their creations. I would love to own them all!

Each type of book has 2 in it's genre set. There is Paisleys, Mandalas, Art Nouveau, Mehndi, Whimsical Designs and Zen Patterns.

On a super stressful day, sit down and color and see what happens to your outlook. It is a very therapeutic thing to do. I am not sure why it helps relieve stress, but I'll take it! With 6 kids and lots of babysitting jobs, I have had my fair share of coloring time. I have been able to share my love of coloring with them all. It is also just a fun time to sit and watch your child's imagination grow.


With the new growing trend of adult coloring books, I got really excited. When I was given the opportunity to review 2 of these books, I jumped on it. This review was especially for me. When they arrived it was like a kid in a candy store. No more coloring My Little Pony or Cars, I was going to get to color adult pictures.

The designs and the details that are involved are unique. I looked through every page. I have planned out my "attack". While watching tv 1 night, I ran and got my book. I searched for the perfect picture and came upon a simple pic with lots of flowers. I discovered that my crayons probably were going to be too small to color the intricate designs. The only thing I had on hand was a 12pk of colored pencils. I tried to choose wisely the colors that would eventually because the beauty, that is, a finished product. I was very pleased with the result and was very relaxed when finished.

You can purchase these books at almost every place books are sold. You can also purchase from Barnes and Noble or specialty stores like Michaels and Amazon for the reasonable price of $9.99


Check it and purchase some great colored pencils while you are there.

Skyhorse Publishing has come out with 12 new titles so that you can get your creativity on! Check them out at Skyhorse Publishing

http://www.skyhorsepublishing.com/search/?searchtext=coloring&fa=search

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Punch Recipe

Rockin Green Guru Detergent Review and Giveaway

NeaterFeeder Giveaway