Twilight follower or hater??

According to Stephenie Meyer author of the Twilight series it all started with a dream. "It was two people in kind of a little circular meadow with really bright sunlight, and one of them was a beautiful, sparkly boy and one was just a girl who was human and normal, and they were having this conversation. The boy was a vampire, which is so bizarre that I'd be dreaming about vampires, and he was trying to explain to her how much he cared about her and yet at the same time how much he wanted to kill her," Stephenie says.
"It really captured my imagination." That dream became Chapter 13 of "Twilight."
Which in my opinion is kinda neat to see the hype that came about from a something as simple as that, just a dream.
When the first book of the "Twilight" series was released in October 2005, no one could have guessed the phenomenon it would become.


A book about a simple,shy and clumsy girl who moves to Forks, Washington to live with her father. She falls in love with a boy at school, Edward who happens to be a "vegatarian" vampire. It is a great love story. I did not want to watch or read this at first. My daughter saw it and I was furious with her for doing something she was told not to do. My husband said to sit down and watch Twilight, "it's not what you think". So I sat down very unhappy and set out not to like it. Ummmm, let's just say I was hooked after that! I have read the books about 4x each, I own the set of DVD and even sat for @3 hours in line for the midnight dvd release at Walmart.

Then there was New Moon which is not on my favs list of books or Dvd's. I was just not impressed but I guess it all boils down to the fact that for most of the book and movie the beloved Cullens are not there. I never believed she belonged with Jacob. Yes, yes I know what some of you reading this are thinking but I didn't. My daughters all think he is hot and that is great and all. But not what I felt Bella needed.
Upon its publication in the United States, New Moon was highly successful and moved quickly to the top of bestseller lists, becoming one of the most anticipated books of the year. The movie was released on November 20, 2009.


Ok so on to the 3rd book/movie which is Eclipse. Great story, great movie. Although I wasn't too fond of the new Victoria. This movie was so action packed, the fight scenes were great. As Jasper is one of my favorite Cullens it was great to hear his back story. Also the addition of Seth to the pack was great. He really is a cutie! This is also the one where you find out that Jacob has to finally see that Bella is going to be with Edward. Bella explains to Jacob that while she loves him, her love for Edward is greater. It breaks his heart. In the book he takes off but they do not show that in this movie.
The book was released on August 7, 2007 with an initial print run of one million copies,and sold more than 150,000 copies in the first 24 hours alone. Eclipse was the fourth bestselling book of 2008, only behind Twilight, New Moon, and Breaking Dawn. The movie was released on June 30, 2010.


Ok so for me they could have just made Twilight and Breaking Dawn lol Those were my 2 favorites. But, when I read it's like being in the movie anyway so....on to Breaking Dawn! Breaking Dawn was released on August 2, 2008 at midnight release parties in over 4,000 bookstores throughout the US. From its initial print run of 3.7 million copies, over 1.3 million were sold in the US and 20,000 in the UK in the first 24 hours of the book's release, setting a record in first-day sales performance for the Hachette Book Group USA. The first part of the movie was released on November 18, 2011 and the second part set to be released on November 16, 2012. (which is Midnight tonight!!!)
This movie and book is where Bella finally gets her wish to join Edward and the other Cullens in their lives as vampires. Edward and Bella marry and on their honeymoon find out that she is pregnant. It is a fast pregnancy and a very hard pregnancy. When the time comes for the baby to be born Edward has to try and save Bella from dying. In the movie they did a great job in showing the anquish and pain on his face as if this was real. They did a great job acting out these scenes.




I can't wait to see this final installment of the series! I also would like to thank Stephenie Meyers for all her hard work and dedication to us as fans.

as you can see by the pictures we are a Twilight fan family!








Thank you for reading! Again my opinions are my own. I was not compensated for this posting.



Comments

  1. also thanks for my sister in law Niki for making the cool Twilight notebooks for my girls. She also made the sticks that went in the cupcakes for my daughters Twilight birthday party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Punch Recipe

Rockin Green Guru Detergent Review and Giveaway

NeaterFeeder Giveaway